This post is a paid advertorial with Tesco.
Mothers – we often take them for granted. I know I do. I have always appreciated my mum, but my level of appreciation for her increased 100-fold when I became a mum.
You never realise the magnitude of sacrifices they make for you, sometimes even putting their own lives and dreams on hold just to make sure you get the best care and opportunities in life. You always know that despite how poorly you treat them, they will still shower you with unconditional love, and when life gets incredibly difficult, you always have a best friend and a confidante to lean on.
Mothers are incredibly awesome!
I have always loved Mother’s day because it is an opportunity to pamper my mum and to officially say ‘thank you for everything you do’ especially if I haven’t mentioned it enough throughout the year. I’ve planned a lot of things to help her relax and feel loved this mother’s day, and one of those things is cooking her tasty vegan recipes, starting with breakfast-in-bed.
I was a little stuck on what to cook her for breakfast, but Tesco Real Food website has been a handy resource and has provided me with lots of ideas. Just like me, mum doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth, but she does love pancakes with heaps of fruit.
I typically make my pancakes without bananas because I don’t like them. Mum loves bananas though, so I chose to try out Tesco vegan banana pancake recipe. I got my little ones to test-taste them today, and they loved them. Now, we all know how difficult it is to please kids, so if they liked the pancakes, I’m pretty sure mum would too.
I didn’t find the recipe challenging to recreate either. It only took 40 minutes to prepare and cook, and if you’re a calorie counter, you’d be happy to know that they’re just 166 calories per serving.
Ingredients[su_list icon=”icon: leaf” icon_color=”#5E6777″ class=”style=’font-family:poppins’ font size=’8′”]
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) plain flour
- 240ml (8 fl oz) soya milk
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g fresh raspberries
- 30g fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- maple syrup, to serve
- Combine the flour and the baking powder in a mixing bowl and set aside. Put the banana, soya milk and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until they form a smooth paste. Combine with the dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Heat a small amount of oil or non-stick spray in a non-stick frying pan and pour in about 4 tablespoons of batter at a time for each pancake. Cook slowly over low heat for about two minutes. Once the pancake starts to form little bubbles on top, flip it and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process until the batter is used up. Top the pancakes with raspberries, blueberries and pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup.
You can get many other vegan ideas for Mother’s day on Tesco Real Food website, including recipes for muffins, sponge cakes, doughnuts and scones.
Happy Mother’s Day!