- 1 medium aubergine, chopped into chunky pieces
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120g cooked chickpeas
- 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon medium curry powder
- 100ml Alpro coconut cuisine
- 100ml soya milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
Heat a splash of water (or 1 tablespoon oil) in a medium saucepan and cook the onions until they are soft. Add the ginger, garlic, and chili, and cook for another 3 minutes, then add the turmeric, garam masala, and curry powder.
Stir thoroughly then add the tomatoes, vegetable stock cubes, aubergines and around 150ml of water. Cook on a medium heat for around 1 minutes or until the aubergines are softened and a majority of the water has evaporated.
Add the cooked chickpeas and stir in the coconut cream and soy milk. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for around 5-7 minutes. Stir in the chopped coriander then serve with a bowl of rice or eat with naan bread.