Waitrose’s Vegan Silician Cauliflower Pilaf. This is a great midweek dinner that comes together within 20 minutes.
- 1/2 x 280g jar sliced artichoke hearts marinated in garlic & parsley
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nut kernels
- 300g pouch cauliflower & kale couscous
- 15g sultanas
- Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Nonpareille capers, drained
- Sourdough bread, to serve
- Put 1 tablespoon of the oil from the artichokes into a medium saucepan. Fry the onion for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat until softened and caramelising. Add the pine nuts and cook for 1 minute until toasted.
- Stir in the cauliflower couscous and sultanas into the onions and pine nuts, then add two tablespoons of water and let the cauliflower warm through. Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon zest and juice, and the capers, then season to taste.
- Tip into a serving bowl, fold in the artichokes and then serve with the sourdough.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: Per serving (excluding sourdough)
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 1.7
- Fat: 24
- Saturated Fat: 1.9
- Carbohydrates: 48
- Fiber: 8.4
- Protein: 11
Keywords: Waitrose, Pilaf, Cauliflower