Beetroot hummus toasts with cucumber and pine nuts, and tomato and pomegranate seeds.
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced horizontally into small circles
- 2 slices of rye bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
For the hummus
- 240g cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons water (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons beetroot powder
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of salt, to taste
Add all of the ingredients for the hummus into a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. If the hummus is too thick, thin it with water, one tablespoon at a time until it reaches a consistency that you’re happy with.
Spread a generous amount of hummus on each of the toasts. One on toast, layer the cucumber then sprinkle the pine nuts over it. On the other toast, layer the cherry tomatoes then sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Garnish both toasts with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Both of these toasts are tasty, but there’s just something about the cucumber and pine nut that is ultra delicious.
- Category: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner