This nourishing black beanball and brown rice Buddha bowl shows you just how easy it is to make wholesome, balanced meals from everyday plant-based ingredients.
- 200g cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons cooked sweet corn
- 1 small courgette (zucchini), sliced and steamed
- 50g Brussels sprouts, lightly steamed then roasted
For the black bean balls
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- Small handful fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- Pinch of adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Large handful baby spinach
- Large handful rocket (arugula)
- ½ small avocado
- To make flax eggs, combine the flaxseeds with 4 tablespoons of water, mix well and set aside and allow to thicken. Put the black beans into a separate bowl. Mash well with a fork then add the remaining ingredients. Once thick, stir the flax eggs into the black bean mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF). In the meantime, form the black bean mixture into medium-sized balls then place them carefully on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. You should get 6-8 balls. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking or until nicely browned on the outside. You can fry the beanballs if you prefer.
- When the beanballs are almost ready, begin to assemble all of the other cooked ingredients and vegetables in your bowl. Once cooked add the beanballs and eat immediately with a dressing of your choice.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: black beans, buddha bowl