Low-fat broccoli and green lentil coconut curry.
- 150g brown basmati rice
- 100g green lentils
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed ground spice
- Vegetable stock cube or seasoning, to taste
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 1 head of broccoli, rinsed and chopped into florets
- 300ml coconut milk (carton, not tin)
- Large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat a small splash of water or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, cook for 1-2 minutes to soften then add the garlic and all of the spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes if cooking with water or fry for 20 seconds until fragrant.
- Rinse the lentils, then add them alongside the chilli, vegetable stock cube and coconut milk into the pan. Stir well, bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rice according to instructions on the package.
- Just before the lentils are tender, add the broccoli. Season as required then take the curry off the heat.
- Divide the rice and curry between two bowls then garnish with fresh coriander if you desire.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: Indian-inspired
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 490
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 88g
- Fiber: 10.5
- Protein: 22.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Curry, Lentils, Coconut