If you’re bored of eating rice, try my new chipotle beans with Kamut grain.
- 400g tin peas and beans (or any other beans you have available), drained and rinsed
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsps tomato puree
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 75g Kamut grain
- 150g broccoli
- Heat a small splash of water in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the paprika, cumin and chipotle chilli flakes, cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomato puree, vegetable stock cube and around 250ml of water. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for around 15 minutes or until the tomato sauce reduces by half.
- In the meantime cook the Kamut grain according to the packet instructions and keep warm.
- Once the sauce is sufficiently reduced, add the beans, stir thoroughly then cook for a further 10 minutes. This will allow the beans to absorb the sauce properly. If the pan gets too dry, add a small splash of water and stir gently.
- Serve the beans over the Kamut with a side of broccoli. Sprinkle with fresh coriander if desired.
Cook time excludes cooking time for Kamut grain.
- Category: lunch/dinner
Keywords: beans, kamut grain