Buddha Bowls are a fantastic way to get a variety of nutrients in one meal! This chipotle chickpea buddha bowl is delicious and super easy to put together.
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 120g wholegrain, red and wild rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 avocado
- 120g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g grated carrots
- ½ medium courgette, sliced and steamed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli paste
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- Small handful coriander, stalk and leaves separated and chopped
- 100g baby leaf salad
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- Start by cooking the rice according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and fry for 1 minute until fragrant and soft. Add the tomato puree, garlic, cumin, and paprika. Fry for 3 minutes, then add the chipotle chilli paste, coriander stalks and vegetable stock cube. Fry for 1 minute then add around 200ml of water.
- Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes or until the sauce reduces by half.
- Add the chickpeas, and continue to cook on a simmer for 5 min until the chickpeas are hot then take the pan off the heat.
- Combine the baby leaf salad, carrots and cherry tomatoes with French dressing then serve alongside the rice, steamed courgettes, rice, avocado and chickpea stew.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Chipotle, Rice, Chickpeas