Coconut vegetable stew with rice
- 120g basmati rice
- 200g white mushrooms, halved
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green sweet pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cut into chunks
- 100g passata
- 2 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 60ml Alpro coconut cuisine
- Handful chopped coriander to garnish
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Put the shallots, garlic and passata with a splash of water into a food processor. Blitz until smooth then transfer into a medium saucepan.
Add around 200ml of water to the saucepan and the vegetable stock cube and stir thoroughly. Bring the mixture to the boil then turn it down to a simmer and cook for around 20 minutes.
In the mean time, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Once the tomato sauce has reduced, add the chopped sweet peppers and mushrooms. Cook on a simmer for around 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened but firm, not mushy. Add the coconut milk to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes then take it off the heat.
To serve, spoon some rice into a bowl with a generous helping of the vegetable stew. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over and some chopped coriander.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Vegetables, Coconut, Rice