Celebrating all things apple for apple month with this cinnamon and apple maple pecan porridge. Made super creamy and delicious with Innocent dairy-free oat drink.
Innocent is well-known for their smoothies and juices here in the United Kingdom and in many other European countries. They’ve recently launched a range of plant-based milk alternatives including oat, almond, hazelnut and coconut. Just like the ethos with their smoothie and juice range, their plant-based milk drinks are made only with no more than five ingredients. There are no added sugars, thickening agents or vitamins and minerals.
Innocent Dairy-Free Drinks
This range is pretty good if you are sensitive to thickening agents or prefer to avoid them. However, if you rely heavily on milk drinks for vitamin D and calcium, you probably shouldn’t get rid of your favourite brand just yet. In saying that, I wouldn’t rule this range out completely either.
I tried the almond drink and I must say that it is the creamiest plant-based almond drink I’ve ever tried. Although, it gave me super creamy coffee and tea, the lingering almond aroma in the coffee and tea was a little too strong for my taste. In porridge, however, it was a dream! Super creamy and so indulgent especially in this cinnamon and apple maple pecan porridge.Print
Creamy and indulgent cinnamon and apple maple pecan porridge
- 150g rolled oats
- 350ml Innocent dairy-free almond drink
- 200ml water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 medium Pink Lady apple, cored and chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter or coconut oil
- 150ml water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Maple pecan granola
- 30g pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoon flaxseeds
- In a saucepan, combine the oats, almond drink, vanilla paste and water. Bring to the boil over medium heat then reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until thickened and creamy. If it becomes too stodgy, add more milk or water as needed.
- While the oats are cooking, start cooking the apples. Heat the oil or vegan butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the apples and cinnamon and fry for around 2-3 minutes until it browns and starts to caramelise. Add the water, and then cook for 5 minutes or until the apples are softened.
- Once the oats are cooked, divide between two bowls. Top with the cinnamon apples, granola, pecan halves, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds and a drizzle of maple syrup.