- 150g lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Handful coriander stalks, chopped
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 50g kale, steamed
- Basmati rice, to serve
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander, to serve
- Heat a small splash of water in a medium pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the curry powder, cumin, and fenugreek and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato puree, vegetable stock cube and coriander stalks and cook still on medium heat for around 5 minutes. Add the lentils and chilli (if using) a good splash of water to the pan. Stir well, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add the kale, stir and take the pan off the heat.
- Serve the lentils over basmati rice and sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander. Add a few slices of avocado if you desire.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Lentils, Curry