Savoury breakfasts are my jam! This creamy mushroom and spinach on rye toast is one of my go-to meals when I want something quick. It is full and flavour and keeps me satisfied for at least two hours
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Fry light spray or normal cooking oil
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 2 tbsp soy or oat cream
- Handful baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt, to taste
- 2 slices toasted rye bread
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with 2-3 pumps of the fry light oil. Place the pan over medium heat, and once warm add the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes to soften without burning. Tip in the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and parsley to the pan, season with salt if necessary then stir well and cook on a simmer for 30 seconds. Add the spinach then take the pan off the heat.
- To serve, place the toasted rye bread on a plate and top with the creamy mushrooms and spinach. Garnish with chilli flakes and extra parsley.
If you find that your mushrooms release too much water during the cooking process and make your sauce too watery, cook them first then set aside. Soften the garlic then add the mushrooms back into the pan follow the remainder of the recipe.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Mushroom, toast, rye bread