Put pasta back on your menu with Explore Cuisine’s gluten-free red lentil pasta. Made with only a handful of ingredients including sun-dried tomatoes, this red lentil-pasta dinner will be ready for you and family within 15 minutes.
A lot of people have been asking me about my opinion on gluten and whether it is essential that we all eat a gluten-free diet. I have been sceptical about answering this question because it is a difficult topic to address generally.
We all have different bodies; what may be suitable for me may be bad for you and utterly disastrous for a third person. One size does not fit all.
Some people are obviously intolerant to gluten, so it makes sense that they to avoid it at all costs. If you don’t have any apparent problems with gluten, I don’t think you need to get rid of it completely, but at the same time, it won’t hurt to eat gluten-free alternatives occasionally.
My family and I love pasta; it is something I eat at least once a week and the kids eat up to four times a week. Yes, they absolutely adore pasta! The great thing about pasta is that it is one of those meals you can cook within 20 minutes. You can up its nutritional value by adding lots of vegetables and pack it with flavour with only a few herbs and spices.
Typical pasta on supermarket shelves are made with wheat, so they are unsuitable if you’re trying to eat a gluten-free diet. However, pasta doesn’t have to be off your menu if you’re eating gluten-free.
Explore Cuisine makes a range of gluten-free pasta using beans, lentils and chickpeas. Naturally, they’re all high in fibre and protein, which is fabulous if you’re vegan and always worry about getting enough protein in your diet.
As a busy, working mother, it is essential that I can prepare tasty, nutritious meals for myself and my family within 30 minutes. When I can cut down the cooking time to 10 minutes or less, I feel like a complete rockstar! Pasta is my go-to when I don’t have enough time to cook anything elaborate, but at the same time I don’t want to compromise on flavour and nutritional value, and I want to keep everyone happy.
We love pasta in creamy sauces and pesto, but tomato-based sauces are our favourite. This recipe is one I cook when time is of the essence. It only needs five ingredients, and it is ready to devour in 10 minutes.Print
Put pasta back on your menu with Explore Cuisine’s gluten-free red lentil pasta. Made with only a handful of ingredients including sun-dried tomatoes, this red lentil pasta dinner will be ready for you and family within 15 minutes.
- 1 jar (280g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 250g red lentil penne pasta
- Large handful rocket (arugula)
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat then put the sun-dried tomatoes, half the cherry tomatoes, garlic, vegetable stock cube, and thyme in the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Reserving some of the cooking water, drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss well over the heat until glossy, adding a splash of the cooking water to loosen, if needed. Season carefully with salt, then remove the heat.
- Toss in the tomatoes and rocket and serve with nutritional yeast and a sprinkle of chilli flakes if you wish.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner