Super easy green lentil ragu buddha bowl
- 200g green lentils
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 250g passata
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning or 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 large chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 roasted sweet potato, to serve
- 100g steamed spinach, to serve
- 100g roasted mushrooms, to serve
- 100g, roasted Brussels sprouts, to serve
- 1/2 avocado, to serve
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray oil or add two tablespoons of oil to the pan over medium heat. Add the carrots and celery and fry for about 6 minutes or until they start to brown and caramelise. Add the shallots, cook for a further 3 minutes before adding the garlic. Fry for an additional two minutes or until all the vegetables are soft and brown without burning.
- Add the passata, tomato paste, chilli, oregano, balsamic vinegar and spicy Italian seasoning. Stir well and cook, still on medium heat for around 10 minutes or until most of the liquid in the pan evaporates and the tomato base starts to stick to the pan.
- Stir in the lentils with around 600ml of water, bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 40 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Season with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Serve with potatoes, spinach, Brussels sprouts and avocado and garnish with fresh parsley.
Add cumin for extra flavour. If you fancy a meaty texture, chestnut mushrooms are a great addition to this recipe.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: Per serving of lentil ragu without oil
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 1.25g
- Saturated Fat: 0.25g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11.7g
Keywords: Lentils, Ragu, Green lentils