Yasai Cha Han
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (or any other flavourless oil)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 100g mangetout, sliced lengthways
- 400g pack tofu, drained
- 80g frozen peas
- 80g frozen sweetcorn
- 400g cooked short grain rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of white pepper, to taste
Start by chopping your tofu into cubes. Place the cubes in a bowl with a lid then add a pinch of salt. Put the lid on the bowl and gently shake it evenly coat the tofu pieces. Then put them on a baking tray in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 10-15 minutes. Once cooked, set aside.
Heat a wok or a large saucepan over a high heat then add the spring onions, peas, corn, and carrots. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add the garlic and mangetout. Stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes then add the rice and mix well until the rice is completely combined with the vegetables.
Put the tofu into the wok with the rice and season with the soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper. Mix thoroughly then take the pan off the heat.
Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the rice and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Wagamama, Chahan