Mushroom sauce cooked with thyme and parsley. Pair with mashed potatoes or grains or layer on toast.
- 250g mixed mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 mushroom stock pot
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp porcini mushroom powder
- Handful fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
- Steamed black kale, to serve
- Cooked bulgur wheat, to serve
- Heat a splash of water or 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft (or caramelised if frying). Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Tip in the mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes until it starts to lose its water. Add the mushroom stock, porcini mushroom powder, thyme and balsamic vinegar. Stir well and continue to cook without the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fresh parsley, season with salt and black pepper as needed then serve over bulgur wheat. Sprinkle more fresh parsley if needed.
- Category: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 1.1g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, chestnut mushrooms