Spaghetti with mushrooms
- 150g spaghetti
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional, I use water instead)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 red chilli pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Nutritional yeast, to serve
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil (or water) in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add the garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute then add the mushrooms. Cook for around 3 minutes to soften them then add the vegetable stock cube alongside around 120ml of hot water. Bring the
Bring the mixture to a boil then turn the heat down to medium and cook for around 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain the spaghetti but reserve some of the cooking water. Add the spaghetti to the reduced sauce and toss gently but thoroughly until the sauce evenly coats the spaghetti. Add some of the cooking water if necessary to loosen the sauce. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley leaves.
Serve the spaghetti with extra parsley and nutritional yeast.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Spaghetti, Mushrooms