Simple but delicious, this recipe is packed with protein, iron and potassium. It is a good source of manganese, which is necessary for calcium absorption and proper brain function. Quinoa is a complete source of protein and antioxidants that fight cancer and slow down the process of ageing. It is also a great source of omega-3 fats.
Butter beans are a good source of tryptophan, an amino acid that is necessary for building and repairing your muscles and tissues.
Nutritional info per serving: Kcal: 362, Fat: 2.4g, Protein: 17g, Carbohydrates: 60g, Fibre: 10g[line]
- 70g white and red quinoa mix
- 210g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ vegetable stock cube
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 short strings saffron
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander