This spicy chickpea stew with rosemary and thyme is perfect for the cold winter nights.
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained (and rinsed if needed)
- 5 sun-ripened vine tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 small-medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to garnish
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
Add a splash of water (or one tablespoon of oil) to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Then add the onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
Stir in the tin chopped tomatoes, cook for around 5 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated. Stir in the sun-ripened tomatoes, herbs, chilli, stock cube and a splash of water. Cook with the lid on for around 7-10 minutes or until the stew thickens and the tomatoes are tomatoes cooked.
Take the lid off the pot then stir in the cooked chickpeas. Cook with the lid open for around 4 minutes (or less if you prefer a wetter sauce). To serve, spoon a generous portion of rice into a plate or bowl, add some chickpeas and a vegetable of your choice. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch/Dinner