- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 150g spaghetti
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 fat garlic cloves, finely minced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat a good splash of water (around 200ml) in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sweat for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli and vegetable stock cube and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add small splashes of water if the pan gets too dry, but you want a fairly thick tomato sauce.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions then drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Once the tomato sauce is thick, add the chickpeas, herbs, red pepper and a small splash of the pasta cooking water, and then cook on a simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti and sprinkle with fresh parsley if you wish.
Use any other pasta you wish.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Spaghetti, Pasta, Chickpeas