Too tired, not enough time or too hungry? Try this chickpea stew recipe, it is super flavorful and is ready to eat within 20 minutes.
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper (pepper)
- 75g quinoa
- Heat a splash of water (or oil if you prefer) in a pan. Add the shallots and garlic, cook for a few minutes. Add the tomato paste, cherry tomatoes, chipotle pepper and vegetable stock cube. Stir well then add around 200ml of water.
- Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the chickpeas and then cook with the lid on for around 7-10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by half.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to the pack instructions.
- Add the chopped coriander, stir then take the pan off the heat and serve with quinoa.
If you don’t have chickpeas, you can replace it with any other legume such as kidney beans, black beans or lentils. Feel free to swap quinoa with another grain or even a tortilla.
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 603
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 98
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 101
- Fiber: 15
- Protein: 29
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chickpeas, quinoa