- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 320g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Small bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
Add a splash of water (or 2 tablespoons olive oil) to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add the onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Then add the jerk seasoning, cherry tomatoes, spices, red chilli and chopped coriander stalks and gently cook until fragrant.
Add the tomato purée, stock cubes, sweet potatoes with around 300ml of water. Stir thoroughly and bring the mixture up to a boil. Turn the heat down and cook on a simmer for around 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost cooked. Stir in the beans. and check the seasoning. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are completely tender and the beans are heated through and hot.
Serve with a generous portion of regular rice or cauliflower rice (as pictured) and garnish with chopped coriander and chilli flakes.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Sweet potato, black beans