- 1 large Sweet potato, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 red chilli’s
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon dried coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 50ml coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt (optional)
- Chopped coriander
- Peel the sweet potato and boil them in water until tender, then set aside. Keep some of the cooking water (if you have any left over)
- Add a small amount of hot water (not boiling) to saucepan over medium heat, then add the onions and garlic. Let them cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, stock cube and all of the spices.
- Add ∼200ml of the sweet potato cooking water or regular water (∼200ml) and let it all cook for about 15-20 mins or until majority of the water has evaporated. Make sure you stir it intermittently.
- Add the sweet potato back into the pot, stir it thoroughly and add the coconut milk. Turn the heat down to a simmer, and let it all cook for about 2 mins.
- Take the pan off the heat, sprinkle some chopped coriander and then serve with your choice of grain or bread.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner