Fast lunches are the best! Add my tagliatelle with sun-dried tomatoes and capers to your collection of quick meals. It’s nutritious and packed with flavour.
- 150g tagliatelle
- 1/2 280g jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 5 large chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small shallot or red onion, finely chopped
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Small handful baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes until browned. Remove to a layer of kitchen paper to soak up any excess moisture and set aside.
- Start cooking the pasta according to the packet instructions or until al dente.
- Drain around one tablespoon of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes into a large frying pan over medium heat then add the garlic, shallots and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes then add the vegetable stock cube, capers, cherry tomatoes, thyme and a small splash of water and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the mushrooms, season carefully to taste. Reserving some of the cooking water, drain the tagliatelle and add to the sauce alongside the spinach. Toss well until glossy, adding a splash of pasta cooking water if necessary to loosen. Serve with a sprinkle of chilli flakes, fresh parsley and nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 482
- Sugar: 6.5
- Fat: 18.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Carbohydrates: 56.5
- Fiber: 10.5
- Protein: 19.8
Keywords: Tagliatelle, Pasta, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Capers