Super easy tempeh with broccoli and carrots in red braising sauce.
- 200g Tempeh, cut in a large chunks
- 200g broccoli florets, steamed
- 100g carrots, sliced then steamed
- 4 tablespoons red braising sauce
- 1½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or more as needed)
- 1 tsp chopped or grated ginger
- Steamed rice, to serve
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the tempeh and fry for 3-5 minutes until it is browned all over then set aside.
- Combine the red braising sauce and rice wine vinegar with around 250ml of water. Pour into a medium saucepan then add the ginger. Bring to the boil over medium heat then turn the heat down to a simmer and add the tempeh. Cook for 10 -15 minutes or until the sauce reduces by half. If the sauce is too sweet, and a little more vinegar until you get the balance that suits your taste.
- Add the carrots and broccoli, stir well and cook for a further minute. Serve the sauce over steamed rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Tempeh, Broccoli, Red braising sauce