- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
- 400g tofu (cut into chunks then baked in the oven at 220˚C for 15 minutes)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 50g roasted cashew nuts
- 160g frozen or fresh peas
- Handful chopped coriander leaves
- Basmati rice, to serve
Heat a splash of water (or 4tbsp oil if you prefer) in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sweat for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in all of the spices and vegetable stock cube and cook for a further minute.
Stir in the coconut milk and gently simmer for 8-10 minutes. Then stir in the tofu and peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Once the peas are cooked, add the coriander leaves and serve with some basmati rice and roasted cashew nuts.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Tofu, Peas, Basmati Rice