If you’ve wanted a vegan version of Wagamama’s firecracker sauce, I’ve created one for us! Try this vegan firecracker sauce with rice, cauliflower rice, potatoes and any other grain or legume you fancy. It’s super delicious!
- 5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp extra hot sriracha
- 1½ tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp porcini mushroom powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Bake the tofu in the oven at 200ºC for 25 minutes until nicely browned then set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce and mix well. The sauce should be very thick.
- Heat a small splash of water (or oil) in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft. Tip in the sauce and a good splash of water and cook on a simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas, chopped bell peppers and the tofu and cook a further 3 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened but still have a bite to them.
- Serve the sauce with brown rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Firecracker sauce, Wagamama