- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 1 tin (240g) chickpeas, rinsed
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red chili, chopped or sliced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- Chopped coriander
- 300ml water
Add chopped onions, garlic, tomato puree, chilli, spices and water to a pot over medium heat. Stir thoroughly.
Stirring occasionally, allow the mixture to cook for about 15 minutes or medium heat or until almost all of the water has evaporated.
Add the chopped aubergines and stir through. Turn the heat down to low and allow the aubergines to cook for about 5 mins.
Still on low heat, add the mushrooms then stir through. Allow to cook until both aubergines and mushrooms are cooked through.
Add the apple sauce and stir through thoroughly.
Serve with rice and garnish with yoghurt and chopped coriander.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Aubergine, Chickpeas, Mushrooms