Delicious vegan chickpea curry
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp madras curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 red chillis, chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 150g cashew or soy yoghurt
- 100g Alpro coconut cuisine or soy cream or coconut milk
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Basmati rice or naan bread, to serve
Put the onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, chili and half of the coriander into a food processor then blend into a purée. Pour the mixture into a pan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour in around 200ml of water then add the vegetable stock cubes and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer, add the chickpeas and cook for around 20 minutes. Once the curry is reduced, add the cauliflower and cook for around 3 minutes. Stir in the yogurt and coconut milk and cook on a simmer for around 5 minutes.
Serve with a portion of rice or bread and sprinkle over the remaining coriander.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Curry