- 50g bulgar wheat
- 400g Tin Chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 medium-large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon hot chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ vegetable stock cube (optional)
- Handful freshly chopped coriander
To a medium pan, add shallots, garlic and splash of water. Allow them to cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
Add tomato puree, jerk seasoning, paprika, coriander, chili powder and black pepper then add 200 ml of warm water. Stir thoroughly.
Allow this to cook over medium heat for about 15 min or until the stew is reduced by about 80%. (You can reduce the stew less if you prefer a wetter stew. But the longer you cook it, the better the flavours develop).
While the stew is cooking, rinse the bulgar wheat and cook according to the packet instructions.
Once the stew is reduced, add the chickpeas and stir through thoroughly. Turn the heat down to low to allow the chickpeas heat through.
Once warm, serve with bulgar wheat, steamed broccoli and avocado and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Chickpeas, Broccoli, Avocado