Flavourful Cuban-style black beans
- 1x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil (or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning or 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat a small splash of water or oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook or fry for 1-2 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute (less if frying).
- Add the black beans, herbs, chilli powder and vegetable seasoning. Mix well then add around 200ml of water to the pan. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes. Season as needed then take the pan off the heat.
- Serve with rice and greens and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Black beans, Cuban, Whole foods