Coconut milk takes lentil curries/dal to another level, no questions asked. But, without coconut milk, trust me, they’re also great! This vegan lentil curry recipe is extremely spicy (? ?), so if you’re not a spice lover please adjust it to suit your taste.
This is a one pot recipe, so it really doesn’t get easier than this!Print
- 150g Red split lentils
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2½ tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ¾ vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Rinse the lentils with cool water, then add all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Add ∼250ml of water and stir thoroughly.
- Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes with the lid on. The lentils should have a bite to them, but if you prefer them softer, add more water.
- Serve with a grain of your choice or a roti and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
Keywords: Lentil Curry