I’m bringing you vegan mango tofu for the second edition of #vegansoulfoodfriday! Once again, this is another super easy and flavourful recipe. It beats take-out (in my humble opinion) and is ready to devour within 30 mins.
It must be mango season because I’ve mangos in every grocery store and high street stall I’ve been this week. I finally bought some today and felt it was the perfect opportunity to share my mango tofu recipe.
No beating about the bush today, we’re getting straight into this recipe.Print
Flavourful mango tofu with noodles
- 400g firm tofu, drained and cut into medium cubes
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 150ml vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 fat garlic cloves, finely minced or grated
- 1/2cm ginger, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- Whole wheat noodles, cooked according to the package instructions
- Combine the tofu and one teaspoon sesame oil in a medium bowl. Sprinkle one teaspoon of cornflour all over the tofu pieces the season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Toss well to coat the tofu with the cornflour and seasoning then place the bowl in a fridge and allow the tofu to marinate for around 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC then line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place each of the tofu pieces on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning the tofu pieces halfway through cooking until golden brown. Alternatively, fry the tofu then set aside.
- Combine the remaining teaspoon of cornflour with 150ml of vegetable broth then set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 20-30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the bell peppers and fry for one minute then add the rice wine, remaining sesame oil and the mango. Fry for two minutes until the mango is hot. Add the tofu then stir in the vegetable broth and cornflour mixture. Season with soy sauce or a pinch of salt then cook for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with noodles (or rice if you prefer) and garnish with fresh coriander.
Keywords: Mango, tofu, stir-fry