This flavourful low-fat vegan Thai green curry with mixed veggies pairs is delicious with steamed rice or noodles.
- 1/4 jar Thai green curry paste
- 200ml soya milk
- 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of vegetable seasoning
- 200g mixed vegetables (I use broccoli, baby corn, carrots and snow peas)
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Chopped coriander, to garnish
- Put the shallot, garlic, green chilli pepper and a small splash of soy milk (or oil) in a food processor. Blitz for 30 seconds to form a smooth puree or paste.
- Put the puree and curry paste into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the remaining soy milk, mix well and continue cook, still on medium heat for around 4 minutes. Add the vegetables, season as necessarily then cook on a simmer for about 5-6 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve over steamed rice or noodles and garnish with fresh coriander.
If this curry is too thin, combine 1 teaspoon of cornflour with 1 teaspoon of water to form a slurry. Add this into your curry a little at a time to create a thicker sauce.
Keywords: Thai, Green Curry, Vegan, Vegan Thai Green Curry